Thursday, November 13, 2008

All about Lego's - The birthday party

I planned & planned for two months Jake's Lego party & then I got sick the night before luckly I was well organized & had a plan so all went smoothly. I thought since I survied & everyone had a great time that I would share our "game plan" & ideas :)

Invites
I used Blue card stock which I glued a long (8dot) Lego to the front & two smaller sqauare Legos on the back diagonally in each corner - On the front I printed - Calling all Brick Masters to help us celebrate Jakes 6th birthday & on the back was all the details.

Decorations
We bought 30lbs of Legos which we separated by color & had in containers down the middle of children tables (which we rented) We used the primary colors as decorations with blue, red & yellow streamers & had red & blue table cloths & red napkins w/blue plates.




I also made Lego placemats using information I had found online. The placemats had information about the history of Lego how Legos are made, including the shop drawing of a Lego, Lego fun facts online & the history of the Mini Fig.



I bought 3 Lego posters on Ebay (Agents, Coast guard & Castle) which I framed with cheap poster frames from IKEA & hung up around our patio. I also got 2 large red plastic Lego signs (like the store signs) from brinklink ($9.99 ea) & had 1 in the front yard & one hung up in the back.

Games
When the children arrived it was free building for ½ hour & then lunch.



After lunch we played LEGO (bingo) with cards that we made using Lego pieces as the markers.






Then I handed out the party favors which were Lego racers & had each child build one & then we had races down the ramp my husband built (isn't he handy!!)





We had a Legoville Piñata filled with candy & a couple of brick separators & piñata filler

Party Favors/Prizes
Prizes – For Lego (bingo) I had mini Lego city sets (3.49 ea) & for the Races I found on ebay these cool small foam like lego bricks (like those stress relievers)

Favors – Lego Race cars, placemats & I was able to get (again on ebay for a $1ea) the tall Lego store cups w/lids which I handed out for there loot for the Piñata instead of bags.


Cake
It was two bricks one yellow & one blue. The nubs were mini cupcakes. We were lucky & found someone to make it for us because my practice efforts did not turn out well. The lady who made the cakes said the secret was to frost them using a whipped cream based frosting or else the frosting is too stiff!

2 comments:

KnittingMom said...

What a great idea. I think I might just steal this idea for my DS's next party.

Unknown said...

i love your bingo board do you have it saved? any hints on how to make it..I love the wood wedge too. We have our lego party in 3 weeks.